Wednesday, November 9, 2016

Back From Quilt Market!

OH MY GOODNESS!

I've been home about a week from Fall Quilt Market in Houston.

Quilt Market was wonderful......exciting.......overwhelming.......

It's amazing.  I spend months getting myself ready for Market.  Making appointments.  Making quilt samples or demos.  Making travel and hotel accommodations.  Whew!  I'm getting tired again just thinking about it.  LOL!

BUT it's all sew sew worth it when you get to the Convention Center and walk into that gigantic Quilt Market Floor.  The only problem is that it's sensory overload.

I didn't take tons of photos, although I would have loved to. Too much eye candy, you know?


Here's my view of Houston from the cab on our way from the airport.


My favorite thing at the hotel....well, one of 3 favorite things -- the awesome pancake maker machine at breakfast, the hot tub/spa after a long day running aorund Market, and cookies and milk at 4 pm every day.


Ollie posing next to my book, I Love Precut Quilts!, at C&T's booth!


Favorite restaurant in Houston!!!!!



I made 4 quilt samples for Camelot Fabrics.  Aren't the displays sew sew sweet???





I did a couple of free motion quilting demos at the Enmart booth -- have you tried their Ultra Iris thread yet?????



I made a video (or 2) to promote my book with C&T, too.  (Sorry, no photos, but I'll post the link as soon as I have it.)



One of the most important things that I learned at Market was how to use Instragram from my friend and traveling pal, Sondra.  THANK YOU, SONDRA!   So, if you're on Instragram, please follow me @tricia.maloney.

After Market, I couldn't wait to get home and back into my studio.  Time to quilt!

























































































No comments:

Post a Comment