Our next block is the Electric Fan!
I think this block looks complicated, but it really isn't. If you look closely, you can see that it is a 4 patch block in disguise -- 4 Hour Glass blocks turned this way and that.
This quilt block was included in a booklet called Practical Needlework: Quilt Patterns in 1906. The design was contributed by Clara Stone. (This information from The Electric Quilt Company BlockBase.)
What You Need:
2 white squares 7 1/4" x 7 1/4"
1 dark blue square 7 1/4" x 7 1/4"
1 medium blue square 7 1/4" x 7 1/4"
Here's What to Do:
(Please note that there are several ways to make Hour Glass units. You can find many different tutorials online.)
1. Cut all 4 squares on both diagonals.
2. Sew a dark blue triangle to a white triangle. Make 4.
3. Sew a medium blue triangle to a white triangle. Make 4.
4. Sew a dark blue unit to a medium blue unit to make an Hour Glass unit. Make 4 units.
5. Sew the 4 Hour Glass units together, turning as shown.