We are fortunate that a local church does missionary trips to Haiti and they will make sure that our dresses get there. Our dresses are going to a school that educated and feeds 60 children in 3 room schoolhouse. The school and teacher salaries are completely paid for with donations and fundraising.
INTERESTED IN GETTING INVOLVED?
Here's a couple places to get started:
Little Dresses for Africa
Little Britches for Boys (this is the boys' version of Little Dresses for Africa)
Dress a Girl Around the World
Orphan Grain Train
WANT TO DO YOUR OWN PILLOWCASE DRESS PARTY?
Here's what we did:
1. Find and contact an organization to work with, whether it's one of the groups above or one in your community that does missionary work.
2. Find a central location with a large space, good lighting, and good electricity such as your church community room, local library, or meeting hall.
3. Decide on a date/time and how long you want to sew.
4. How many people will you need based on your space? We had 8 sewers and 11 helpers who pressed, cut, pinned, threaded elastic, picked out trims, etc.
5. Ask for volunteers and donated items that you will need (through social media, newspaper, friends, etc.). Make sure you have enough irons/boards, cutting supplies, pins, extension cords, strips, etc.
6. When the day arrives, have some snacks on hand and enjoy working together to help others.