Wednesday, April 17, 2019

Mini World Take 2


Well, my quilt group/class met for the second time and I am happy to say that everyone survived making those tiny strippy quilts from last month!  Whew!

Here are some of their projects.  You'll notice the quilts ended up being different sizes.  That had a lot to do with individual cutting and piecing.

Aren't they just adorable?  I especially like the one on the far right.  She was afraid that she did it wrong but her mistake ended up in a cute variation!






This month we are going to try our hands at mini log cabin blocks.   Who doesn't LOVE a log cabin block, anyway?  Basic log cabin blocks are considered to be a beginner block so making one that finishes at 4" should be a breeze, right?


I will actually be talking about 4 different methods for making tiny Log Cabin blocks:

1)  Paper piecing

2)  Piecing on a fabric foundation

3)  Folded Log Cabin

4) Traditional piecing

Which ones have you tried?


Did you miss my first Mini World post?  Go HERE.

2 comments:

  1. I've only made log cabin blocks once, for quilted jackets. It was traditional piecing and big blocks.

    ReplyDelete
  2. You know when I started looking for ideas to teach the Log Cabin class, I was amazed at all the different ways to make Log Cabin blocks. So I chose my favorite ones to teach, but there were more out there.

    ReplyDelete