Wednesday, January 2, 2019

On the 9th Day of Christmas

On the 9th Day of Christmas...

My True Love gave to me...

9 Ladies Dancing

According to writer Pat Johnson in the Vancouver Courier 12/21/15, nine ladies dancing represent "nine fruits of the holy spirit."

I really love how graphic this design turned out!  There are 9 Fruit Basket blocks, but careful block arrangement and color manipulation created this wonderful secondary design element.  The star in the center and the checkerboard border really complete this quilt.  I'm calling this one "Star Basket" of course!


2 comments:

  1. I don't normally like basket quilts, but that one is cool.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm not much of a basket person myself, so I really liked how the baskets did not end up being the focus of this quilt.

    ReplyDelete