Monday, December 18, 2017

On the 6th Day of Christmas.......

On the 6th Day of Christmas, I Give to Thee........


FAITH


The Merriam-Webster Dictionary defines faith as:

1.  Allegiance to duty or a person:  loyalty;  fidelity to one's promise; sincerity of intentions.
2.  A belief and trust in and loyalty to God; belief in the traditional doctrines of a religion; a firm belief in something for which there is no proof; complete trust.
3.  Something that is believed especially with strong conviction; a system of religious beliefs.
  
As you can tell by the variety of definitions above, faith means something different to each and every one of us.  Faith, to me, means believing in something that is bigger than just myself.  But on the other hand, we have to have faith in ourselves, too.

What does Faith mean to you?


For my Faith quilt, I chose a very pretty block reminiscent of a stained glass window.  The block is very fittingly called Church Window.  Then I framed the blocks with a unique border.

 


My challenge to you is.............to find faith for yourself or help someone else to find faith.



No comments:

Post a Comment