It's funny, you know, because the real work of writing a book doesn't even begin until after you're done with edits and revisions and projects.
It's like a bad word, isn't it? But, in order to get your product (in my case, book) out there in front of people, there's a lot to be done.
I thought I'd write this blog about some basic marketing ideas -- some I've used for previous books and others are new ones that I'm going to try out.
Traditional Marketing Techniques
- book signings
- trunk shows
- teaching classes
- visiting quilt shops
- sending out mailings to quilt shops
- talking, talking, talking
- book reviews in magazines
- submitting projects/articles to magazines
- connecting with guilds, groups, and other organizations
- Quilt Market/Schoolhouse Lecture
Social Media/Internet Marketing Technique
- Facebook, Twitter, Instagram, etc.
- blog hops
- guest blogger
- host giveaways
- contact bloggers and ask for book reviews
- internet quilting radio shows
Do you have any ideas to share?