Wednesday, December 26, 2018

On the 2nd Day of Christmas......

My True Love gave to me...

Two Turtle Doves

According to writer Pat Johnson in the Vancouver Courier 12/21/15, the two turtle doves represent the Old and New Testaments of the Bible.

I call this quilt design Doves in Flight. I was not quite sure how to represent a "turtledove" exactly (an image of a turtle with wings kept coming to mind) so I focused on the Dove as a symbol of peace for this design.

I chose 2 shades of purple paired with solid white.  I decided on this particular Dove block (see below) because of the many different layout options.



This is a close up of a single Dove block, which actually features 4 Drunkard's Path units.  This particular Dove block pattern is attributed to Kansas City Star.

No comments:

Post a Comment